Future of cctalk/cctech

jim stephens jwsmail at jwsss.com
Tue Jun 16 23:13:20 CDT 2020

On 6/16/2020 4:43 PM, Chris Zach via cctalk wrote:
> Although we all know Google will be around forever

they destroyed dejanews despite promising to keep it.

A few long threads I discussed things with Tanenbaum and a guy named
Torvalds, gone.

Also some responses from a guy named DMR.

Google.  uh no, not a fan.  Remember google plus?  Google hangouts is
gone this year.  I hold a grudge.  Could go on.  If they get bored with
groups, wonder if they'll do a better job preserving it.

thanks
Jim