Apple 1

Camiel Vanderhoeven camiel.vanderhoeven at vmssoftware.com
Sun Jun 14 03:44:40 CDT 2020

“Here i am, brain the size of a planet, and i’m controlling a robot that does tape backups”

That's not uncommon for outdated (mini)supercomputers. Fast network and disk I/O make them well suited to the task. It's just a shame of all that nice vector hardware. Convex actively advocated the use of their older series as file and backup servers. Lots of the Convex C200 IPI disks I have show evidence show evidence of having been used as tape backup caches.

Camiel