DS10 Alpha question = Sata Drive card?

Jason Howe jason at smbfc.net
Thu Jun 11 13:49:54 CDT 2020

On 6/11/20 11:32 AM, Bob Smith via cctalk wrote:
> Correct.  One of he BSDs or Linux
> bb
>
> On Thu, Jun 11, 2020 at 2:24 PM Zane Healy <healyzh at avanthar.com> wrote:
>>

>>> On Jun 11, 2020, at 11:19 AM, Bob Smith via cctalk <cctalk at classiccmp.org> wrote:
>>>
>>> Can anyone recommend a SATA card that will work with a DS10 Alpha, and
>>> which OS supports that card?
>>>
>>> thanks
>>> bob
>>
>> I take it you’re trying to run something other than OpenVMS?
>>
>> Zane

I mean it's a PCI Bus machine (With PCI-X) so any card that has drivers
for your given OS will "work".

The major caveat is that there are no SATA cards that SRM will boot from.

My DS20, however has a boot partition on IDE->CFCard Adapter, (which SRM
knows how to boot from), and then load the OS from the 3ware 8xxx Raid
card.

I'm running Gentoo Linux, but I have to imagine that NetBSD would
function in a similar way.

--Jason