Amiga Vendors?

Zane Healy healyzh at avanthar.com
Wed Jun 10 23:08:46 CDT 2020

On Jun 10, 2020, at 9:54 AM, John Foust via cctalk <cctalk at classiccmp.org> wrote:

> At 11:05 AM 6/10/2020, Zane Healy via cctalk wrote:
>> I found AmigaKit.com in the UK, are there any Amiga vendors left in the US?  I need to order some parts, and not only do I not remember who I used to use in the US, I assume they’re gone.
>
> Geeze, we're not that old.  You make it sound like we should be dead by now.
>
> - John

John, IIRC, you’ve been on this list about as long as me.  Think about how long we’ve been on this list, we are *that* old. Just not “should be dead” old.  :-)

What I’m referring too is that in the US the Amiga hasn’t been a viable commercial platform for nearly 30 years.  Looking back 20+ years ago, we really only had 3 or so main dealers supporting the Amiga market.  One of those was the vendor that had the Commodore 65’s (I think that was Software Hut).  I’ve tried googling up anyone selling Amiga stuff in the US, and had minimal success.

I just made my largest Classic Computer related (as opposed to Retro Gaming) order in close to 15 years. :-)  Now to see how long AmigaKit takes.

Zane