TU58 dump tool on Linux?

John Forecast john at forecast.name
Wed Jun 10 16:30:10 CDT 2020

On Jun 10, 2020, at 3:06 PM, Mattis Lind via cctalk <cctalk at classiccmp.org> wrote:

> Is there anyone that has already built a tool to dump TU58-tapes on a Linux
> machine? I have the drive of course.
>

> There is PUTR. But it is DOS only and is written in assembler so it cannot
> be ported easily. The other option is running RT11 on a PDP-11, but then
> there is the hassle of getting the dumps off the RT11 file system.

You could try my “fsio” utility  from the SIMH simtools repository:

	<https://github.com/simh/simtools/converters/fsio>

I originally wrote it to read/write SIMH disk images in various formats (including RT11). I’ve
never tried it with a tape drive but if it looks like a block device it should work.

   John.