Restarting Old Amiga's

Ethan O'Toole ethan at 757.org
Tue Jun 9 23:06:45 CDT 2020

> Any advice specific to starting up a TT030 that’s been idle for ~20
> years?  The only question with that system is, where is the monitor I
> used for it.

I think the TT030 should just go? The other easy thing about the TT030 is
that it has a standard VGA connector. There is a special adapter that
someone makes that allows it to do a much higher resoution ?ECL? output
that is needed for running Unix on it. But for normal Atari stuff a VGA
montior should do.

On mine, I ended up using a SD2SCSI as the original drive sounded like a
chop saw. I don't remember a battery inside but we should probably check
on that and caps.

Haven't done much with mine. I last used it with UNIX for the last VCF
East, would like to setup a SD card with software that can take advantage
of it's graphics and sound stuff.

--
: Ethan O'Toole