Altair 8800 reproduction

Stephen Pereira stephen.m.pereira.sr at gmail.com
Fri Jul 24 14:52:15 CDT 2020

I had the same confusion about Mike’s Altair 8800c not being a complete kit, and wondering what it would take to “upgrade” my Altair 8800 Clone to be a real Altair 8800c a bit more than a year ago.  I ended up not finding very much assistance at the time, so I bulled my way through it, and got it done using the info and pointers from Mike’s site.

Another time someone asked about this I posted my experience on the VCF.  See this:  http://www.vcfed.org/forum/showthread.php?69929-Altair-8800-clone-cost-to-build&p=571710#post571710 <http://www.vcfed.org/forum/showthread.php?69929-Altair-8800-clone-cost-to-build&p=571710#post571710>

Mike’s original topic on VCF is here:  http://www.vcfed.org/forum/showthread.php?66737-Building-and-Altair-8800-from-Scratch-in-2018&highlight=Altair+8800c

The bottom line is that you *can* get it done with the info and pointers that Mike provides on his site.  He is also reachable on the VCF and also by telephone.  He is tremendously helpful and will answer any questions that you may have.

smp
- - -
Stephen Pereira
Bedford, NH  03110