Adventures online

Grant Taylor cctalk at gtaylor.tnetconsulting.net
Thu Jul 23 11:32:42 CDT 2020

@bmoshix replied that it's Linux running on a mainframe.

> I half way expect that it's Docker running on z/OS.

So, apparently not Docker running on z/OS.

> It could be Docker on Linux on Z, but I'd be mildly surprised by that.

I'm mildly surprised.

> I doubt it's Linux on a more typical system.  Though the following
> file name in the dump makes me think it's AMD-64 architecture.
>
> /usr/local/go/src/runtime/asm_amd64.s

Now I'm more confused as to why asm_amd64.s, something I assume is
related to x86_64 ~> PC (compatible) is being used.

I wonder if the copies of the games that @bmoshix is running were
written for a mainframe or a PC (compatible).  The latter makes more
sense with the asm_amd64.s and comments about installing these games on
a PC.

--
Grant. . . .
unix || die