Compaq Smart Array 3200 Controller as a SCSI Controller

Grant Taylor cctalk at gtaylor.tnetconsulting.net
Fri Jul 17 13:54:35 CDT 2020

On 7/16/20 11:58 AM, Ali wrote:
> Absolutely correct. Proof reading good ;)! It was RAID 1.

I'm guessing that the cosmic ray flipped the bit in transit to the
mailing list server.  :-D

> Interesting. Is there an official RAID level for three drive parity?

I'm not aware of one.  But my ignorance thereof does not preclude it
from existing.

> True. That is one of the points the article makes too. Basically,
> you can't get the data fast enough but that would be inherent in both
> SW and HW implementations. The only way to overcome that is to use
> SSDs I would think.

It's the same problem.  It's just that the speed limit / goal post has
been moved further out, hopefully in front of the choke point.

> That is nice. I may have to look at it next time I do a RAID
> implementation.

;-)

--
Grant. . . .