Compaq Smart Array 3200 Controller as a SCSI Controller

r.stricklin bear at typewritten.org
Tue Jul 14 17:30:05 CDT 2020

On Jul 14, 2020, at 12:22 PM, Ali via cctech wrote:

> I think Dave hit it on the head. The Smart Array controllers apparently only take HDDs and no other SCSI devices.

Not all of them. But it is a model-by-model "feature", and maybe not at all on any models prior to some generation. I have a tape library (and only a tape library) attached to a Smart Array P212, but this is a much newer (SAS) host adapter than the 3200. I vaguely recall having had to do some reading of spec sheets to find out that this one would work with tape.

ok
bear.
--
until further notice