Portlock Storage Manager?

Ulrich Tagge u.tagge at gmx.de
Thu Jan 2 15:14:49 CST 2020

Hi Benjamin,

I was a Novell CNE for a longer time, and have started to work with
NetWare 2.10 (non dedicated server) with the age of 15 in 1993.

Have made my first real money with the migration of this NetWare 2.10
which was running on a small 80286 PC server to 3.12 on a Compaq
SystemPro in 1994.

Moved my last NetWare 6 Server in 2015 to OES and my last GroupWise
system to Exchange in 2017.

Portlock was a a tool I have used in the old days twice a month, but I
think they have lost their customer base, as nobody really use NetWare
traditional or NSS file systems any longer -Or?

Their website Portlock.com has gone in 2019, but I have also no clue if
they have end their business or if they simply have lost their domain.

But try to call them, the number is may be still in use.

https://web.archive.org/web/20190220183136/http://portlock.com/

Many Greetings

Ulrich