First Internet message

Fred Cisin cisin at xenosoft.com
Thu Jan 2 21:38:27 CST 2020

Another only partially related issue was copyright moving from the code
itself to the "look and feel" of the finished product.

Am I correct that it used to be possible to write a Puck-boy game that was
hard to tell from it, IF the code was original.  Hence lots of
"clean-room/double-blind reverse engineering", to produce identically
functioning products without using, or even seeing, the source code.

I doubt that it was the ONLY case, but that was the issue for Adam
Osborne's Paperback Software, which made a Lotus clone.

Since then, it has to look different also.
Lotus did not like that the menu choices in Paperback's products were the
same ones.

Grumpy Ol' Fred     		cisin at xenosoft.com