Ordering parts onesie twosie

ben bfranchuk at jetnet.ab.ca
Wed Jan 1 23:41:06 CST 2020

On 1/1/2020 7:51 PM, Nigel Johnson via cctalk wrote:
> And for those who own old vibrator sets, the Royal Signals Amateur Radio
> Club in the UK makes batches of solid state plug-in vibrators.
>
> I just love the smell of the anti-fungal spray and the hum of warm
> valves on those old radios!
>
> There will always be ways and means to find parts for old equipment -
> and the internet makes it easier to find them. No, you cannot walk into
> a store and buy them, but that is is another sign of the times.   I just
> needed some rolls of hookup wire - instead of putting the snowshoes on
> and traipsing through the snowdrifts, I just clicked on an Amazon button
> and let their drivers worry about getting it to me!

But I want 600V hookup wire. Not every thing is less than 50 volts.
Solder with lead... Quad Electrostaic speakers ... New vinyl LPS ...

> cheers,
>
> Nigel

I suspect the big thing with retro projects, is that they are easy to
construct.
A radio needs  wire, a diode , and more wire for the headpones.
A pi project has just pre-made PCB's and a solderless breadboad.
A 8 bit computer, some IC's and a chinese PCB.

Ben.