Ordering parts onesie twosie

William Donzelli wdonzelli at gmail.com
Wed Jan 1 12:36:20 CST 2020

> You do what you have to using the best available resources.   Sadly,
> local manufacturers and suppliers are no longer options.

And pretty soon, independent surplus dealers will also no longer be an
option. Most of them have lots of modern and vintage goodies - the
kind of stuff this thread is all about - and will work with buyers if
only a few pieces are needed. Most will do custom orders and search
for oddball parts. Most will do internet/mail order with reasonable
shipping money. They want your business. All you need to do is ask.

But, the independent surplus dealers are giving up in legion, simply
because you (and I mean you as in nearly everyone on this list)
stopped shopping with them. Too inconvenient, apparently. At this
point, I do not think it even crosses anyone's mind to try the
independent market at all.

And then you weep and moan when another goes under...

I am no longer marketing modern(ish) electronic components for retail
- there is no money there. All that stuff - 1000s of ICs and
capacitors and connectors are going out for metal recovery. Yes, it
hits home.

--
Will