Ordering parts onesie twosie (was: One of Bay Area's last Fry's Electronics stores closes)

Aaron Taylor ataylor at subgeniuskitty.com
Wed Jan 1 09:08:55 CST 2020

On Tue, Dec 31, 2019 at 02:43:59PM -0800, Ali via cctalk wrote:

> > I ordered two from Mouser this week.
> >
> > alan
>
> And paid in much in S&H (if not more) to buy the two from Mouser then it would have cost to get 50 from China... ;)

FWIW, Digikey ships small items like capacitors for free if you pay by check
and live in the US or Canada.  Scroll down to Section 6 of their Terms and
Conditions and read the asterisk.

https://www.digikey.com/en/terms-and-conditions

It's been years since I've used that feature but as a student I remember the
process being pretty painless.

Aaron