52-pin D-Sub?

Nigel Johnson nw.johnson at ieee.org
Thu Feb 27 18:20:47 CST 2020

If your reference to D-sub means the connectors originally made by
ITT-Cannon, I can offer the following from a cutout from a trade catalog
that I have carried around these last 30 years as ammunition against
those who erroneously use the term DB-9!

I wasn't sure, so I had to find it and can confirm that there was no
'standard' D-sub of 52 pins in 3 rows.  The ones available were:

DA15, DB25, DC37, and DD50, that latter of which had 50 pins in three
rows. There was of course the famously mis-labelled DE9.

Could you have mis-counted the pins?

cheers,

Nigel

--
Nigel Johnson
MSc., MIEEE

Amateur Radio, the origin of the open-source concept!

You can reach me by voice on Skype:  TILBURY2591

If time travel ever will be possible, it already is. Ask me again yesterday

This e-mail is not and cannot, by its nature, be confidential. En route from me to you, it will pass across the public Internet, easily readable by any number of system administrators along the way.
    Nigel Johnson <nw.johnson at ieee.org>

Please consider the environment when deciding if you really need to print this message