HP 9000 Series 360 Thin LAN

Mike Begley spam at hell.org
Sun Feb 23 16:48:23 CST 2020

>> I am using an HP 9000 Series 360 with a "Thin LAN" coax card to run a piece of equipment.

[...]

> Assuming it's standard 10Base2 Ethernet, you need either a 2 to T adapter, a repeater with BNC
> as well as RJ45 connectors, or a repeater with an AUI connector plus a 10Base2 AUI.

I just passed on a 10baseT hub with both RJ45s and a BNC connector - I knew I should have grabbed it.  However, I did grab a few AUI to 10BaseT converters that I'm probably never going to need - drop me a note if you'd like me to ship one out to you.  I'm in the Seattle area, FWIW.

I did a lot of work on my 9000/300 back in the day.  Now it sits in my closet waiting for me to run NetBSD again...

-mike