HP 9000 Series 360 Thin LAN

Gregory Beat w9gb at icloud.com
Sat Feb 22 13:13:10 CST 2020

Some days I feel like “Doc Brown”, wondering where I parked the DeLorean.
—
YES ... connecting your HP 9000 to your private LAN would be useful.

ThinNet = 10-Base-2 = 10 MB Ethernet over RG-58/U 50 ohm coaxial cable.
The Series 360 workstation should also have an AUI port (15-pin D-subminiature with locking mechanism option).
—
I would recommend an AUI transceiver to 10-Base-T media converter (UTP with 8-pin modular jack).  Black Box, Unicom, and other brands are available.
https://www.omnitron-systems.com/flexpoint-10-aui-media-converter.php

You did not mention the Operating System (OS) that you have installed on this HP 9000 series 360.  HP-UX was the standard OS offering 30 years ago, when I went thru HP’s one month of classroom training on HP9000 hardware, networking, & HP-UX.
https://www.hpmuseum.net/exhibit.php?class=1&cat=40

You will need the Ethernet network driver installed for your OS, and standard TCP/IP tools (telnet, ssh, ftp, nfs, etc.).

greg
chicago
====