Fwd: Crypto AG

Jim Manley jim.manley at gmail.com
Tue Feb 18 14:45:29 CST 2020

On Tue, Feb 18, 2020 at 7:36 AM Will Cooke via cctalk <cctalk at classiccmp.org>
wrote:

> > Would the US prefer to not use arbitration at all ? Then it would be
> asimple matter of who is the strongest.

Worked pretty well for Teddy Roosevelt and the rest of yes, we, the U.S.,
over history, who saved most others' bacon over and over again.  That
includes my father starting with the 101st AD at Normandy and ending at
Berchtesgaden, with a POW stint in between after the Battle of the Bulge,
when he lost a third of his body weight thanks to the Nazi cleanse.  I've
spent over a third of my life in similar pursuits of pulling posteriors out
of fires of their own making.  Don't even _think_ of lecturing me on this
kind of subject.

> Mr. Manley doesn't speak for all of the US.

Just the parts that matter.

> I respectfully request this stay at least vaguely on topic.

And I used multiple PDP-11/70s running RSX-11 on RP-04s and RP-06s to do
the above, and much more, as an engineer and a computer scientist.  So,
there ya go, back on topic, Will.

Most respectfully,
Jim