Sun external SMD cables

Alan Perry aperry at snowmoose.com
Thu Feb 13 18:39:39 CST 2020

> On Feb 13, 2020, at 15:42, jim stephens via cctalk <cctalk at classiccmp.org> wrote:
>

> On 2/13/2020 10:05 AM, Alan Perry via cctalk wrote:
>
> <Liam Proven>
>>> I have a box of old Sun SCSI cables I
>>> set aside more or less for this reason, as I gave away or sold all my
>>> Sun kit.
> <snip>
>> Data a single is 25-pin cable, but I have two drives. so ideally need two. Command is a pair of cables, one 25-pin and the other 37-pin. I don't know if the pins are straight through or whether they do any swapping from one end to the other.
>>
>> alan
>>
> Liam, he's looking for SMD, which need a Bus and Radial.  One Bus can daisy chain from drive to drive, and us usually 60 pin.  The radial RF cables are usually 26 pin ribbon.  A separate cable from the controller to each drive is required to hook up the system.

https://www.memoryxsun.com/5301079.html

https://www.memoryxsun.com/5301080.html

When I ordered them just after the new year, it was $124 shipped for two data cables and a command cable pair. The data cables have increased in price by $100 each since then. Maybe that is why my email isn’t getting answered?

They have “one left” command cable pair on eBay for a lower price. I am tempted to buy it except I already paid them for another one.

alan