Sun external SMD cables

Alan Perry aperry at snowmoose.com
Thu Feb 13 12:05:50 CST 2020

On 2/13/20 9:56 AM, Liam Proven via cctalk wrote:
> On Thu, 13 Feb 2020 at 18:46, Alan Perry via cctalk
> <cctalk at classiccmp.org> wrote:
>>

>> Anyone here have a set of Sun external SMD cables (530-1079 and 530-1080) that they can loan or want to sell?
>>
>> I ordered from a set from MemoryX at the beginning of Jan. They haven’t arrived and MemoryX isn’t answering my e-mail asking what’s up.
>
> Can you be a bit more specific?

I supplied part numbers. How can I be more specific?

> I have a box of old Sun SCSI cables I
> set aside more or less for this reason, as I gave away or sold all my
> Sun kit.  I am afraid I don't know the exact part numbers offhand, but
> if you can describe what you're looking for, I'll know whether it's
> worth going digging.

They are d-sub male connectors on both ends. Data a single is 25-pin
cable, but I have two drives. so ideally need two. Command is a pair of
cables, one 25-pin and the other 37-pin. I don't know if the pins are
straight through or whether they do any swapping from one end to the other.

alan