Ouch, but 2 Perqs out.

Tony Duell ard.p850ug1 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 22 10:00:54 CST 2020

On Tue, Dec 22, 2020 at 3:53 PM Why 42? The lists account. via cctalk
<cctalk at classiccmp.org> wrote:

> On Sat, Dec 12, 2020 at 05:56:40PM -0500, Chris Zach via cctech wrote:
> > This was a long day. Went over to the house and started working on getting
> > the Perqs out of the basement. I've been moving smaller stuff to make room
> > and it was time.
>
> I can see that it was a long day - but you are doing good work! Keep it
> up!
>
> Whereabouts is all this heavy lifting taking place, in the US? I wouldn't
> have expected to see ICL Perqs so far from home ...

Err, the PERQ was originally designed/built by 3 Rivers Computer Corp
in the States. I think some parts of the 2T1 (the one with the 8"
Micropolis hard drive), in particular the hard disk interface board
and the portrait monitor (based on a Kent Modular Electronics chassis)
were from ICL, but the CPU, memory. EIO etc all come from the States.

Of course the AGW3300 is an ICLmachine  but I feel that's a PERQ in name only

-tony