Intermec 8625 printer

nico de jong nico at farumdata.dk
Mon Dec 21 10:12:12 CST 2020

Hi all,

I'm hoping to get an answer here.

The 8625 barcode printer has a prompting mode, switched on by activating
the bottom switch in a bank of switches. The printer is then supposed to
write a prompt, so you can start programming the label formats.

I seem to remember that the printer expects a CTRL+H sequence to be
reset/restarted, but nothing happens.

Can any of you remember the settings for the terminal (I do know about
9600,7,1,even) ? I'm not sure on which terminal the printer expects to
write to. VT100 ? ANSI? ? And how about flow control?

Any help would be appreciated

Regards

Nico

PS The printer is to be used for museum purposes, and as usual, the
museum has no money to spend :-(