when was memory "above" the terminal screen invented?

Nigel Johnson nw.johnson at ieee.org
Sun Dec 13 20:48:54 CST 2020

I'm pretty sure the DEC VT100 didn't have it.  It was very memory
-limited - the standard was 80x 24 and if you wanted 132 x 24 you had to
buy the advanced video option.

There was a demo program that made it look like it recovered data that
had been scrolled off the top of the screen, but I think it was just
re-sent form the computer.

cheers,

Nigel

Nigel Johnson, MSc., MIEEE, MCSE VE3ID/G4AJQ/VA3MCU
Amateur Radio, the origin of the open-source concept!
Skype:  TILBURY2591 nw.johnson at ieee.org