Gateway Electronics (was Al Lasher's electronics closing.)

Warner Losh imp at bsdimp.com
Mon Dec 7 20:59:08 CST 2020

On Mon, Dec 7, 2020, 4:28 PM jim stephens via cctalk <cctalk at classiccmp.org>
wrote:

> On 12/7/2020 6:40 AM, jwest at classiccmp.org wrote:
> > Truly sad.... I don't think theres a store anywhere that I've spent more
> time in. I used to just sit in there for hours bs-ing with the owner.
> >
> > I wonder if "electronics exchange" on the Rock Road is still
> operational...

> I uploaded an obit for Stu Bartfeld the owner who passed.  His daughter
> Lisa ran it up to its closing.
>
> https://imgur.com/a/IryJyrR
>
> https://www.findagrave.com/memorial/36561205/stuart-bartfeld
>

> https://www.reddit.com/r/StLouis/comments/iyh9e7/gateway_electronics_closing_end_of_october/
>
> https://www.facebook.com/gatewayelectronics
>
> https://twitter.com/gatewayelex?lang=en   (lot of very old material)
>
> Don't know if the copyright police will grab it and kill the link or ban
> me, so get it while it's hot (if it is even visible when I send this).
>
> I tried to remember the guy who always remembered me (only got there
> yearly for quite some time), I think it was Doug.  Someone correct me if
> not.
>
> for those in Colorado, their address was (that I found now) was.
> GATEWAY ELECTRONICS
> 2525 FEDERAL BLVD ,
> Denver, Colorado

Ah yes. Only went there once, much to my shame... wasn't in the best part
of town and I was 45 minutes away... nice place otherwise.

I usually found what I needed up in Boulder at JB Saunders, though, so I
didn't get down to Gateway much. Though JB Saunders has closed too. At
least there is sparcfun. No browsing, but has all the parts I need.

Warner

For those of you who remember ACP and Tom and Dave Freeman, they were