Al Lasher's electronics closing.

Fred Cisin cisin at xenosoft.com
Sat Dec 5 18:10:35 CST 2020

>> Will ANY remain?

On Sat, 5 Dec 2020, Chuck Guzis via cctalk wrote:
> So long as we no longer have domestic production of electronics, no.
> Remember when Steve Jobs swore that Macs were all going to be made in
> the USA and even set up plant in Fremont to make them?  That didn't last
> long...

Woz told us (1983?) that Jobs had two obsessions:
That Apple survive IBM
That USA survive Japan.

There were presumably OTHER obsessions, but those two were the relevant
ones in the conversation.
Japan in those presumably became China.

We don't have domestic production, and we don't have repair.

. . .and yet, almost all programming languages are still English oriented.
Yes, there exist Chinese ports of COBOL compilers,
Forth would seem to me to be a good choice for the postfix aspects of
Japanese, . . .

Grumpy Ol' Fred     		cisin at xenosoft.com