Taking apart a Perq

Chris Zach cz at alembic.crystel.com
Sat Dec 5 16:26:31 CST 2020

So I'm getting into the "I can see the box" layers in the excavation
project, and I have a question: I've got a box that may be a Perq, and a
printer that may be a Perq printer. The printer looks like an old
Laserjet I, and the box is metal, 3ish feet tall, and has what looks
like a 10 inch hard disk inside.

Problem is I won't be able to get it up the steps. (Where have I heard
that before). So how much can one take a Perq box apart to make it as
light as possible? Is it simple to get the drive out? Power supply in
there somewhere? How about the card cage?

Pics at:
https://i.imgur.com/ohuohvC.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/81him0F.jpg