Spam

jim stephens jwsmail at jwsss.com
Mon Aug 31 19:38:40 CDT 2020

On 8/31/2020 3:55 PM, Peter Coghlan via cctalk wrote:
> Anybody else on cctech/cctalk receive a blatant spam today from an outfit
> called "SparkPost" with "OptIn Live" in the subject?
>
> Regards,
> Peter Coghlan.

i've found that someone who has had their emails in someones inbox may
get their emails harvested and added to spam lists.

I've got some past members here who still send spam.

Unfortunately since we want to respond directly thru this to users, the
email addresses are in the email messages.  If a spam creating exploit
is through, it will pluck off the sender's email, which is the reply-to
address.

It may have nothing to do with the list or any user you can determine,
but sometimes  it does.

Thanks
JIm