Spam

Paul Koning paulkoning at comcast.net
Mon Aug 31 18:56:39 CDT 2020

> On Aug 31, 2020, at 6:55 PM, Peter Coghlan via cctalk <cctalk at classiccmp.org> wrote:
>
> Anybody else on cctech/cctalk receive a blatant spam today from an outfit
> called "SparkPost" with "OptIn Live" in the subject?
>
> Regards,
> Peter Coghlan.

Nope.

Keep in mind that criminals often forge source addresses.  So while it may say it came from cctalk, it doesn't mean it actually did.  Looking at the full headers will often tell you, if you care to go to the trouble.

For example, I get spam every few weeks claiming to be from one specific person on the list here, but it never actually is from that address.

	paul