Looking for an IDE simulator

Vasile Buruiana bvasea at gmail.com
Fri Aug 28 11:34:17 CDT 2020

Check to see if JMicron's  sata(drive) to ide(host) is suitable to your
need. They also come with bi-directional switch to select which end goes to
the mainboard. ypu can connect a big ssd or a sata to M2 adapter. But be
aware they have two problems:
- they need +5V power supply, either from the fdd connector or from USB;
- they do not get along with Sun Ultrasparc systems:  the sata hdd is
always read-only.

You can also get a pci sata controller.