2 2010 macbook pro's --- vast performance differences....

Peter Coghlan cctalk at beyondthepale.ie
Sat Aug 22 02:48:30 CDT 2020

> How many here think that 2010 Macbook Pros running Windows are "CLASSIC"?

I think everything is on-topic for "cctalk", isn't it?

Unfortunately, the "cctech" moderated view of the list hasn't worked
properly since the list server was rebuilt after a crash several years
ago so we are all effectively stuck with the "cctalk" view of the list
whether we like it or not.  This is not so bad though as there has been
next to no truly off-topic stuff on "cctalk" for a very long time now.
(I hope I haven't jinxed it by saying it out loud though...)

> Certainly sympathize with the problems, but
> if 4MHz processor and bumping the RAM up to 64K doesn't work, then perhaps
> a "CURRENT MODEL Macintosh" group (there might be some on Facebook) might
> be a more productive venue for the search?

I agree it might be a bit borderline for "cctech" but I think it's fine
for "cctalk" by definition.

Regards,
Peter Coghlan.