2 2010 macbook pro's --- vast performance differences....

Zane Healy healyzh at avanthar.com
Fri Aug 21 13:05:53 CDT 2020

On Aug 21, 2020, at 10:49 AM, Fred Cisin via cctalk <cctalk at classiccmp.org> wrote:

> How many here think that 2010 Macbook Pros running Windows are "CLASSIC"?
>
> Certainly sympathize with the problems, but if 4MHz processor and bumping the RAM up to 64K doesn't work, then perhaps a "CURRENT MODEL Macintosh" group (there might be some on Facebook) might be a more productive venue for the search?

It’s definitely not current, it’s no longer supported by Apple.  Plus at 10 years old, by the *ORIGINAL* definition of this group, it’s on topic.

I’m mildly amused by how many of us are obviously running this vintage Mac laptop.

I don’t know what the options are for MacBook Pro’s, but there is a fascinating Facebook group for the original Mac Pro’s (non-Trashcan, non-current).  People are hacking the older Mac Pro’s (esp. 2010’s) to be closer to, or better than the Trashcan.

Zane