Diloq SQ703 to SQ706 conversion

Glen Slick glen.slick at gmail.com
Sun Aug 16 19:58:52 CDT 2020

On Sun, Aug 16, 2020 at 8:24 AM Nigel Johnson via cctalk
<cctalk at classiccmp.org> wrote:

> So I would like to convert a brand-new DQ703 I have to SQ706 so I can
> mount SCSI disks.
>
> I understand it is just  a prom change.
>
> Does anybody have any info, or perhaps a PROM image?

The two Dilog SQ703 and SQ706 boards that I have are not physically
identical. One has a SCSI bus driver daughter board and the other does
not. I don't know if the firmware is swappable between the two. I
never got around to trying that before the TMSCP board died. The MSCP
board still worked fine the last time I used it.

I also have a couple of the later SQ3703 and SQ3706 S-handle versions
of the boards. On those I did swap the MSCP firmware into the TMSCP
board and it then worked fine as an MSCP version.