Fixed my pdt11/150

Chris Zach cz at alembic.crystel.com
Sun Apr 26 18:36:07 CDT 2020

They were interesting little devices. Apparently someone ported
Multiplan or Visicalc to one but Dec shot the project down. They were
essentially a turnkey personal computer in the late 1970's but DEC was
afraid they would cut into the sales of their minicomputers.

So it was sold as a branch office terminal connector. You could boot
RT11 and poll 4 terminals and a printer, sending the data over a sync
serial modem port to the home office. Sad.

Fortunately Dec wouldn't make the same mistake with the Professional
systems. Oh wait, they did, no wonder they went out of business....