Kennedy 9800 - Power-up tips?

Anders Nelson anders.k.nelson at gmail.com
Thu Apr 23 15:12:55 CDT 2020

Thanks for all the input!

@Chuck: I assume you are talking about a 100W incandescent light bulb, I
like that idea for current-limiting. And I agree a SMPS should cut off the
switch if it detects a short; not sure what kind of supply is in there but
I'll take a look.

@Patrick: There's a stamp on the unit that seems to indicate it was made in
1984 but yeah the eBayer applied power normally before I got it.

Thanks!