Another Unrelated PSU Question

Rob Jarratt robert.jarratt at ntlworld.com
Sat Apr 18 12:03:34 CDT 2020

I have another PSU I have been meaning to look at for a long time. This one
has fairly high output ripple and some of the voltages do not appear to be
where they should be. I have checked all the capacitors for ESR and they
appear to be OK, with the exception of the two big smoothing capacitors on
the primary side. One of them appears to be slightly bulging, but has
low-ish ESR, the other has a much higher ESR. Is it possible that these
capacitors could be the cause of the out-of-spec outputs?

Thanks

Rob