VAXmate PSU fixed, but no video

Rob Jarratt robert.jarratt at ntlworld.com
Sat Apr 18 10:09:54 CDT 2020

I checked Q6 (in circuit), it is not shorted. I have already checked all the electrolytic capacitors for a bad ESR and replaced those where it was high. There are no shorts on the electrolytic capacitors.

I will have to desolder the transformer and do a ring test on it (I built a ring test circuit some years ago). I don’t think you can do ring tests in circuit can you?

Regards

Rob