DEC OS/8 Question (getting an error TOO BIG INIT)

Rick Murphy rick at rickmurphy.net
Sun Apr 12 10:16:15 CDT 2020

On 4/9/2020 6:10 PM, Bill Degnan via cctech wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 9, 2020, 6:01 PM David Gesswein via cctech <
> cctech at classiccmp.org> wrote:
>

> Thank you David.  I was able to load the .SV file instead, but I am glad I
> now know what was needed.  I think in my pdp 11 I have the same issue.
> Bill

For the record, that's a really ancient version of OS/8 Adventure.

The current (2009) is much more stable as it uses the USR to open the
files, allowing you to move them around without causing ADVENT to crash
(the save image has the disk locations for the files being used, meaning
it'll crash if they move around.)

https://www.rickmurphy.net/advent/advbin.rx has a floppy image with 2.4
binaries.

     -Rick