ICL1501 Cobol manual available

Neil Thompson albiorix at gmail.com
Wed Apr 8 02:56:23 CDT 2020

BASIC was all we had - we used COBOL on the ICL VME 2900 maniframes that
were backending the 15xx machines.  Believe me, if the programming staff
had known COBOL was available on the 15xx machines, we would have moved
heaven and earth to put it on the micros.

So no, not the end-all, and I'm fairly sure I never implied that anywhere.