State of New Jersey needs COBOL programmers

Chuck Guzis cclist at sydex.com
Mon Apr 6 00:35:17 CDT 2020

One of these days, when I have time, I'll go into one of the more
bizarre COBOL implementations, involving inter-process communication
with "chains" of modules being resident either wholly or in part in one
of several mainframes or in bulk core, with comm links extending
throughout the US.

cf. "Zodiac" done for the USAF Logistics Command.   Huge failure, but oh
my stars and garters, what a project!  1500 GSA programmers, all writing
COBOL, with 70 vendor support people.  It was fun, even if it did get
Proxmire's "Golden Fleece" award for two years running...

--Chuck