phone systems, old and less-old

Frank McConnell fmc at reanimators.org
Wed Sep 18 20:36:07 CDT 2019

On Sep 18, 2019, at 11:32, jwest--- via cctalk wrote:

> I know some peeps here are phone pholks…..See www.ezwind.net/phonestuff <http://www.ezwind.net/phonestuff>
>

> One is an old “bell system western electric”. It seems to have a few 66 blocks just under the cover, a power supply, and some kind of modules that plug in.

I think you might have a 1A2 key system there (this based on the 400Ds up top).  Kind of want but do not need.  I see other (and closer) interest has been expressed and that is good.

> The other is a Nortel Networks ICS. It feels way too light, not sure if anything is in it. There is another piece of Nortel gear on the wall, seems to be some kind of wireless? thingy called Nortel Networks Call Pilot 100.

That is why you want the 1A2.  It looks substantial hanging on the wall with those 25-pair cables to the key sets.  It feels substantial while you’re working to get it hung on the wall.  And it whirs and clicks in ways that the fully electronic key systems and PBXs don’t.

-Frank McConnell