Introduction and need help bringing some pdp11's back

Nigel Johnson nw.johnson at ieee.org
Tue Oct 29 20:34:51 CDT 2019

On 29/10/2019 20:37, Chris Zach via cctalk wrote:
> The M9058 can plug in to any general slot in Qbus for power and does not
>> past interrupt or DMA grant.  Bottom/end of the bus is fine.
>
> Interesting, I didn't realize the RQDX series boards didn't use
> interrupts or DMA. Does the CPU just poll them endlessly?

RQDX1 and 2 did not pass them but used them. (Maybe not NPG)  I believe
the RQDX3 did, however.

Nigel

Nigel Johnson

MSc., MIEEE
VE3ID/G4AJQ/VA3MCU

Amateur Radio, the origin of the open-source concept!

You can reach me by voice on Skype:  TILBURY2591

If time travel ever will be possible, it already is. Ask me again yesterday

This e-mail is not and cannot, by its nature, be confidential. En route from me to you, it will pass across the public Internet, easily readable by any number of system administrators along the way.
    Nigel Johnson <nw.johnson at ieee.org>

Please consider the environment when deciding if you really need to print this message