Fwd: For auction: Amiga 3000

Ethan O'Toole ethan at 757.org
Sat Oct 19 12:18:19 CDT 2019

> Sellam,
>    I am an Amiga expert. If you don't remove the battery asap you are going
> to lose this system. I am amazed that it still works but that isn't going to
> last much longer. You stated that there was some corrosion that you cleaned
> up so it may already too late to save the motherboard. The acid from the
> battery will migrate along the copper traces and there is no way to stop it
> nor repair it. I would never buy this system.
> GOD Bless and Thanks,
> rich!

Eh, looking at the pictures the battery damage is very little. It is a
decent candidate for saving. Action needs to be taken quickly but it's in
way better condition than ones I've attempted to work on.

I do see some flaking north in the copper traces of the battery.

I still wonder if osmeone will reproduce Amiga 3000 motherboards where you
can either move over the customs but also has some modern add ons.

As well as a replacement board for the Amiga 600 :-)

At $800 though... not AGA.

--
: Ethan O'Toole