IBM MST extender cards

steven at malikoff.com steven at malikoff.com
Fri Oct 11 00:17:38 CDT 2019

Mark said
> On Fri, Oct 11, 2019 at 10:16:34AM +1000, Steve Malikoff via cctalk wrote:
>> That wire wrap tool is identical to one my dad had in his CE toolkit
>
> I ... should take it from this that people don't just *own* these anymore?
>
> This was an "essntial device" in my younger engineering days.  Sigh.
>
> Yes, I still have it.  Yes, I have used it (albeit not recently).  Yes,
> I have used the Gardner-Denver electric tool as well, although in those
> days I never could have afforded it.

I am not sure whether you meant "don't just own" or "just don't own", but the
last time we used it was to wire wrap a 2716 eprom programmer S-100 board we
designed (ok, he designed, but I helped build it) back in about 1981/82 or so.
I haven't seen or thought of it since then, but seeing it in the photo instantly
brought back the memory of it.

I have some of the tools, others have gone missing, for instance the large tool bag
at the rear of the first photo on
https://slx-online.biz/hursley/ce-data-list.asp?hur_archive=2
But I do still have the tool bag identical to the one in the foreground, in the
same russet brown colour but the zipper canvas has dry rotted.