P112

dwight dkelvey at hotmail.com
Sat Nov 30 18:37:34 CST 2019

Don't 8 inch drives have 77 tracks?
Dwight

________________________________
From: cctalk <cctalk-bounces at classiccmp.org> on behalf of Bill Gunshannon via cctalk <cctalk at classiccmp.org>
Sent: Saturday, November 30, 2019 9:22 AM
To: emanuel stiebler <emu at e-bbes.com>; General Discussion: On-Topic and Off-Topic Posts <cctalk at classiccmp.org>
Subject: Re: P112

On 11/30/19 9:15 AM, emanuel stiebler wrote:
> On 2019-11-29 19:01, Bill Gunshannon via cctalk wrote:
>>
>> Let's try again with the right name in the Subject line!
>>
>> It's not really classic (although it does try to pretend to be
>> but does anyone here do anything with the P112 SBC?  I am trying to
>> get 8" disks running on it but I am seeing some rather strange behavior.
>
> You should probably describe the "strange behavior". There is a chance,
> it isn't a P112 problem?

I was waiting to see if there were any P112 users first,

I'll start with the simple and funny one.  If i run FORMAT
it formats all 80 tracks.  :-)  Seems like the definition
for an 8" disk as selected in the config menu is just plain
wrong.  Of course, once it formats all 80 :-) tracks any
attempt to access it, like a DIR, just returns "sector not
found".

bill