Scanning docs for bitsavers

Jason T silent700 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 27 13:56:40 CST 2019

On Wed, Nov 27, 2019 at 10:12 AM Christian Corti via cctalk
<cctalk at classiccmp.org> wrote:
> My recommendation: use a proper multi-function copier (the big copiers)
> that can also scan to network. I currently use our big Konica-Minolta
> bizhub 754. Although it'a b/w copier, it can also scan in color. This

These are great for cranking through big stacks of paper, but watch
out for the presets.  Some (like the older Xerox I used to use at
work) would scan to "TIFF"...which was really a JPG-compressed image
in a TIFF wrapper.  So even my 600dpi bilevel scans would have
compression artifacts.

All manufacturers are different, YMMV, etc.  Just something I got
burned on and worth watching out for.