First Internet message and ...

Dave Wade dave.g4ugm at gmail.com
Wed Nov 27 04:07:40 CST 2019

I believe that Edison invented the filament bulb with a Tungsten Filament, but Joseph Swan's carbon filament bulb pre-dated this.
However Edison was doing so well in his court case, than rather than wait for the result, he simply bought out Swan thus ending the debate....

Dave
G4UGM
ps. what didn't they use to light the fire on the first public railway (Stockton and Darlington Railway, 1825)
pps. For a bonus point where did the above railway start and end...