First Internet message and ...

Fred Cisin cisin at xenosoft.com
Tue Nov 26 21:40:47 CST 2019

On Wed, 27 Nov 2019, Randy Dawson via cctalk wrote:
> No, this was the first personal computer...
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tektronix_4050#/media/File:Tektronix_4051_ad_April_1976.jpg

No, the first personal computer was any machine, including IBM 360, if you
could get access to it after midnight!
No one else around?  Then it's now my personal machine!

That night school course run by United States Department Of Agriculture!
in 1970 on "IBM 360 operator training" got me a little extra access in a
few facilities.  (along with bringing a snack for the operator and showing
off a few trivial tricks, like changing the box of paper without stopping
the printer)  I was not a competent operator, but it meant that the
operator wouldn't shoo me out when he took a break.