TSS/8 on RK05

Jay Jaeger cube1 at charter.net
Tue Nov 26 20:12:01 CST 2019

On 11/26/2019 12:03 AM, Josh Dersch via cctalk wrote:

> Hi all --
>
> We've wanted to run TSS/8 on one of our PDP-8 systems at LCM+L for a long
> time now, and while we contemplated either (a) restoring our RF08 or (b)
> building an RF08 emulator, I decided it might be fun to investigate a third
> option: (c) modify TSS/8 to run off hardware we already have running,
> namely an RK05 drive.
>
> And it /was/ fun!  And seems to have been successful, as we now have TSS/8

FYI, I have most of an RF08/RS08 in my collection, that would not mind a
suitable foster home.  If you have one you are contemplating restoring
then maybe, ala C3PO I would say:  "You must repair him!  Sir, if any of
my circuits or gears will help, I'll gladly donate them".

https://www.computercollection.net/index.php/disk-drives/#RF08RS08

JRJ