Key for IBM 9370 - 20

Richard Cini rich.cini at verizon.net
Tue Nov 26 16:33:07 CST 2019

              	I think there was a long thread about this in the DEC section of the VCFED site. Sticky, so at the top of the forum.

    	Get Outlook for iOS

On Tue, Nov 26, 2019 at 5:16 PM -0500, "jim stephens via cctalk" <cctalk at classiccmp.org> wrote:

I posted on the discord channel looking for information on measuring the
keys (ACE cylinder locks) for duplication.

I'm including a quote from a post by Jay on the subject.  I need to get
the information on measuring the depths of the cuts, as the postings
I've found don't mention how the depths are measured for each value.

I have an ACE key for an IBM 9370 mod 20 I'm measuring. Found a post by
Jay from 2016
Jay West jwest at classiccmp.org Fri Mar 18 15:57:30 CDT 2016
FYI - the key codes I measured previously for Data General and HP have
been cut, tested, and verified. Amazingly, my measurements were correct.
So to summarize: XX2247 Code: 5173757 Use: DEC PDP-8 (all varieties),
PDP-11 machines that do not use an ACE blank (11/24, 11/44)
Anyone have a reference on the depths of the Code values? There's
another post with depths, but not explicitly calling out what each
number equates to.
My master has a DND legend on the back, so I will need to get a copy cut
and tested via codes, and will publish it when I find out that it works.
Dennis Boone post:
Allegedly Control Data used a National C415A on Network Processing Unit
cabinets in the late 70s, early 80s. That's an Ilco 1069-N, cuts are
12343 from bow to tip. Cut spacings are .156 .249 .342 .435 .528. Depths
are 1=.250 2=.225 3=.200 4=.175.
The Boone post has numbers, but they make no sense WRT the post Jay
posted (which has 7 depth values)
Also need to know if metric or inches.